Monday, December 11, 2017

Outmatched

Just this past week we met with a man who lived an alternate faith. He was very excited to meet with us and wanted to talk to us about our church. Unbeknownst to us, he wanted to disprove the lds church and its teachings. Oh how poorly equipped we were to deal with him. Every single point or argument we presented was shot down to pieces. He lived revelations in the Bible and wiped what we had. It was sad really, we were ill prepared to defend our faith and belief against him. As missionaries our goal is to find, teach and baptize. We really aren't supposed to Bible bash or try to prove our point. We left rather quickly after we learned we were no match for a young man not much older than we were and his Bible. For me, I didn't care so much. However, my companion was frustrated. He didn't understand why the spirit had failed him in conquering the opponent. I didn't have any words of comfort other than: "I'm sure he was just upset about something." I don't know why they don't give us more about the Bible and ways to help actually prove our church. It seems the only way we can convince people is if they decide to feel the spirit.

If you want to dm me my reddit username is random123salad

No comments:

Post a Comment